Field Service Technician - Remote
(none selected) | Remote Friendly TELECOMMUTE US
Responsible for installation, testing, analyzing, maintaining, repairing and training on Client's packaging equipment and associated products at customer sites. Provide customers with excellent technical customer service and ensure complete satisfaction.
- Provide field service repairs, training and installations as scheduled.
- Train customers on proper operation, maintenance and safety rules of customer equipment. Participate in internal training in order to maintain technical expertise and proficiency on applicable/new equipment and applications.
- Assist production with final machine testing and checkout. Coordinate development activities/ upgrades for updating & improving machine functionality.
- Provide support to customers, Customer Service and Sales, and support all aspects of operating controls systems, equipment and machinery. Interact with Sales Managers/Project Managers on customer equipment concerns & updates.
- Assist with updates and modifications to machinery control systems at customer sites and training customers on use and maintenance of equipment.
- Work in tight quarters; on top and underneath equipment and stand, stoop, kneel and bend continuously (approx. 66%). Lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Travel extensively on short notice in North America, Canada as well as worldwide. Approximately 90% travel required. Close proximity (within an hour) of a major metropolitan airport is essential.
- Submit to safety, background, and drug/alcohol testing as required by customer(s), and if required, must be able to don personal protective equipment.
- Must possess a minimum of a 2-year Packaging Machinery degree or have 2+ years of work experience with at least one Wrapper, Robot, Closer, or Vertical (VFFS).
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years in the Packaging Industry with experience installing and troubleshooting PLC and motion control software and hardware, and with prior work experience in repair/ maintenance of capital equipment or electronics, such as servo drives, HMI's and programmable controllers.
- Food production background is essential.
- Willing to travel 90-100%.
- Prior experience with client's line of equipment is preferred.