Chicago, IL 60601
Our award winning, independent, full-service agency client in Chicago is seeking a full-time Account Director who will manage a highly complex account and provide counsel, alongside the creative and strategy teams. The ideal candidate is someone who can set the direction for all channels and foster cohesive performance, bringing out strengths of each team member while building long-lasting client relationships.
- Strategically participates in successful new business pitches.
- Brings together all departments/channels & respective staff for smooth operations of the account and establishes clear strategic direction for the business.
- Troubleshoots, solves problems, & raises issues to group account director.
- Senior-level client contact, ultimately responsible for the performance and stability of the account.
- Assess staff resource needs in short-term/long-term for current clients and new business and creative quality
- Makes recommendations and dedicatedly advises the client, handling broad-based staffing issues.
- Owns performance reviews and the client mapping process to outline/address opportunities and potential fires before they occur.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience
- Passionate about client’s business; champion for the brand and strategy both internally and externally
- Knows what the key business priorities are and does not allow others to be distracted from them
- Hands on Leader. Willingness to dig in when necessary
- Ability to multitask on various projects/assignments across various paths
- Confidence in front of client; able to manage conflict resolution internally and externally
- Deadline driven; management of timelines both internally and externally
- Ability to focus on both the details and the big picture
- Leadership qualities to inspire team members and clients
- You can demonstrate your ability to grow/expand existing business.
- Strong business insight combined with broad-based marketing acumen (digital/traditional), helping to ensure that brands are innovating/behaving digitally.