Bartlett, IL US
CPS is searching for an accountant in the Bartlett area who would be responsible for most general accounting, project accounting, invoicing, cash collections, and financial reporting activities of the company. The position is in office and transitioning into Hybrid, offers great benefits and competitive pay.
In addition to those listed below, other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares manual journal entries related to maintenance of the Company’s general ledger
- Assures transactions are recorded in the general ledger in accordance with commonly accepted accounting principles and accounting procedures specified by the Company
- Performs accounts receivable activities including generation of customer invoices and credit memos and posting of cash receipts.
- Performs project set-up and financial maintenance, including loading budget, client invoicing, review of project expenses, maintaining contracts and project files, monitoring project’s progress, etc.
- Reviews bank financial records and maintains bank accounts
- Performs general accounts analysis and reconciliation including sub-ledger accounts, bank statements, accruals, prepaid expenses, and record adjustments and reclassification of journal entries
- Generates and reconciles entries for inter-company transactions
- Performs System Functions to international currency translation and record gains and losses from exchange rate fluctuations for related party transactions
- Maintains fixed assets accounts and establishes associated depreciation schedule
- Develops amortization schedules for prepaid and deferred items
- Prepares month-end COGNOS reporting (Financial statements and supplemental schedules)
- Transfers employee time entries to payroll section of AX database
- Processes payroll and HAS contributions
- Assists with analyzing financial statements and variance reporting
- Participates as subject matter expert and data provider in connection with the Company’s annual financial audit
- Assists in preparation of the annual audited financial statements
- Participates as requested in sales tax calculation and payment processes
- Provides backup and support to Accounts Payable
- Assists with annual budget and quarterly forecasting.
- Assists Financial Controller
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from four-year college or university or related experience
At least 4 years of related experience
CPA certification is desirable.