Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Naperville, IL 60490
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Download, review, reconcile and post all lockbox payments on a current and daily basis. Maintain and update all customer ACH information.
- Post insurance/patient payments received via lock box or EFT daily for company.
- Calculates all contractual allowances to be posted in conjunction with the cash posting.
- Responsible for month-end closing activity including report generation and distribution on automated accounting system.
- Research and resolve unapplied cash.
- Validate and process refunds.
- Reconciliation of patient accounts.
- Respond to inquiries concerning account balances, third party payments, etc., from patients or clinic staff in a timely manner.
- Maintain appropriate files and records to effectively monitor payment.
- Demonstrates good judgment and reasoning when investigating and solving problems.
- Demonstrates good judgment in respecting the confidentiality of patient information.
- Seeks guidance and direction in the performance of responsibilities and duties.
- Consistently acts as a customer service representative for the company.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Associates degree preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel required.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and possess strong analytical and organizational skills in managing multiple projects in different consecutive stages.
- Must be able to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment in which attention to detail and audit-trail documentation must be maintained in the face of multiple competing demands for your time. Developing a positive rapport with treatment center staff, insurance payers, subcontractors and employees is critically important.
- Ability evaluate current and incoming projects for prioritization.
- Initiative to take charge of unforeseen situations, solve problems and adjust to schedule changes.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off accrual
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid epidemic
Meet Your Recruiter
Responsible for recruiting the CPS division that specializes in Accounting, Finance, Audit and Tax. CPS is a highly specialized, full cycle recruiting firm, placing top talent with the best companies. We've been in business since 1973 and over the years we've placed more than 40,000 of the best and brightest candidates with our clients.
If you are looking for a position in Accounting, Finance, Audit or Tax or if your company is looking for someone to provide you with good candidates for hire, please don't hesitate to contact me.