Admixture / Cementitious Chemist
Charlotte, NC US
Admixture / Cementitious Chemist
Exciting opportunity for a Chemist to help broaden polymer-based admixture development in a growing company. Work with potential customers, give presentations, enjoy being in the lab creating new value-added product samples to demonstrate and help the sales team launch new offerings!
The Admixture / Cementitious Chemist is responsible for bringing technical solutions to our customers for an assigned product line, application, and/or industry by working in a collaborative manner with the customer as well as internal technical, sales and marketing colleagues. This position will perform hands-on laboratory work with company products in customer formulations as well as coach the day-to-day activities of assigned laboratory staff. This role will be focused primarily in cement modified and concrete applications for the construction and energy sectors. Key responsibilities include the following:
Essential Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Utilizes in-depth technical know-how on specific product line, customer & industry test methods and/or product use in industry specific application in order to sell more of the company’s products; supports test method development in conjunction with external test method societies
- Focused primarily on developing and testing company products in customer formulations. Performs hands-on work in the lab; responsible for demonstrating the value of company products
- Stays current with trends, development and innovations in focus industry and the relevant product lines, maintain knowledge of customer application testing, and supports business growth through paper presentations at trade shows / conferences, training of direct and indirect customers
- Provide on-site customer support for sales and marketing colleagues when in-depth product support is needed
- Develops justification for new product development to meet customer needs; requires regular interaction with synthesis and production colleagues
- Regular communication with customers and internal company organization
- Ensures the safety of self and team members
- Customer facing interaction to solve problems using company products
- Collaborates with R&D Colleagues, Sales and Marketing
- Works with production and QC functions to establish expectations for products for which this position is responsible
- This position requires frequent travel to customers and industry events; approximately 25% of the time, but will likely be less
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BS/MS Chemistry or Material Science (or similar field)
- Minimum 5 years’ (10 years desired) related experience, or equivalent combination of education and industrial experience; experience in concrete admixtures and testing protocols is desired
- Should have a strong structure property knowledge
- Specific formulations skills in cementing for oil and gas wells, and waterproofing-liquid applied mastics, then into bridge and deck cement, and structural applications for concrete beams, culvert pipes, etc.
- Ability to identify R&D opportunities through interaction and knowledge of markets, industry, and customers, champion filling the R&D pipeline
- Computer skills required: Familiar with MS Windows, Office 365; can learn and operate computer-controlled laboratory equipment
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at email@example.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr Market Recruiting Specialist
Senior Level Recruitment Professional with more than 19 years of experience in the recruitment and placement of Industrial Chemists and Scientists Nationwide from Entry level to Executive level. Resins, Adhesives, Coatings, Plastics, Lubricants, specialty chemicals, additives, inks, and more!!
I have been very successful bringing top valued talent to my clients, and providing expert level guidance to candidates in career searches.