Asphalt Paving Materials R&D Manager
Bartlesville, OK US
Asphalt Paving Materials R&D Manager
Reporting to the Director Technical Services – R&D, this R&D Manager will manage 3 staff, and be responsible for adhesion promoter, Warm Mix Additives, and other additive R&D, technical services, formulations, field support, and associated lab operations.
This person will supervise asphalt mixture testing in the laboratory, manage priorities, schedule resources, manage materials, records, and team training. This person will be responsible for executing AASHTO accreditation for the mixture testing laboratory. This person will be responsible for raw material evaluations and new innovations. This person will lead field support services and champion technology at state DOT’s and contractors.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to understanding of market dynamics, identify product needs for the market and champion innovation projects with sales, business development and marketing teams
- Balance technical service and innovation projects to develop balance portfolio
- Provide oversight in laboratory mixture designs and recommendations
- Provide field engineering support as needed
- Active participation in developing and maintaining IP portfolio
- Identify and evaluate novel chemistries and applications in collaboration with synthesis team
- Work closely with the BU leadership to drive the technical programs through the different phases of commercialization. Makes use Portfolio management and Stage Gate to successfully drive programs to commercialization
- Responsible for performance reviews, career development and safety for direct reports in his/his organization
- Talent development within his/her direct reports
- Contributes to talent recruitment
- Maintain knowledge of specifications (AASHTO, ASTM, State DOT and, local)
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures to ensure consistent operations and quality data
- Identifies equipment needs and champions through capital planning process
- Understand and operate a safe laboratory working environment maintaining necessary training, organization, inventory, and cleanliness
- Ensure maintenance and calibrate laboratory instrumentation and equipment
- Maintain chemical and asphalt inventory, labeling, storage life, and quality
- Provide clear and concise communication, in both written and verbal form, to internal and external customers
- Ensure formulations data and records are properly maintained
**If you’ like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at email@example.com.
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemical / Mechanical / Civil Engineering or equivalent experience desired
- Experience in asphalt mixture design required
- Oklahoma P.E. desired or the ability to obtain it
- Field engineering / pavement design and testing experience desired
- Thorough knowledge of laboratory safety policies and procedures, chemical and physical hazards, and other precautions to promote an effective and safe workplace
- Thorough working knowledge of asphalt mixtures processes and specifications
- Thorough working knowledge of asphalt testing equipment, maintenance, and calibration
- Strong ability to manage projects
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr Market Recruiting Specialist
Senior Level Recruitment Professional with more than 19 years of experience in the recruitment and placement of Industrial Chemists and Scientists Nationwide from Entry level to Executive level. Resins, Adhesives, Coatings, Plastics, Lubricants, specialty chemicals, additives, inks, and more!!
I have been very successful bringing top valued talent to my clients, and providing expert level guidance to candidates in career searches.