Assistant Menu & Product Development Chef
Brea, CA US
Assistant Menu & Product Development Chef
If you are an up and coming, creative, and collaborative chef that is looking for a career that offers a Monday to Friday work schedule, some light travel throughout the US, and working with some of the most influential and recognizable food brands in the industry, then we encourage you to apply for this rare opportunity.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a culinary professional looking to expand their career with a role in culinary research and development. You have a chance to be part of a team of seasoned Research Chefs and Food Technologists that provide product development, menu idea on, concept validation, sensory and consumer testing to a broad spectrum of National Food Service and large retail Customers.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about food and creative with flavors. A great palate is a definite prerequisite for this position. This is a role for a person who thrives in a collaborative team environment and likes to create and share delicious ideas with colleagues and customers. You need to know your way around a professional kitchen and all the equipment. You must have excellent kitchen / culinary skills, and a ‘mis en place’ mentality is critical. Also, we need someone who has experience with food styling, digital and video, and social network content creation skills – Instagram, YouTube, TikTok.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide Culinary Team of Research Chefs with support and assistance with all culinary efforts
- Assist Research Chefs with the development of new menu concepts and products
- Assist with organizing, coordinating, and facilitating culinary events, demonstrations, and ideations
- Support and collaborate with chefs with all customer and company culinary needs
Kitchen Manager: Manage the upkeep and schedule of the company demonstration Kitchen and Innovation Center
- Upkeep and maintenance of kitchen equipment
- All kitchen certifications are up to date and protocols are followed
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and schedule
- Provide digital and virtual expertise to support Brand and Customer expansion
- Using video to provide culinary expertise and value to our customer base and Sales training
- Utilizing digital capabilities to expand the company brand through greater exposure
- Utilizing digital capabilities to provide easy to use, efficient and effective sales tools and customer value platforms
- Social networking
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Culinary degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years food service operation and/or menu and product development experience
- Experience with commercial kitchen tools and kitchen fundamentals
- Experience with basic video recording, and post-production editing steps
- Food Service Operations, Product and Menu development, Manufacturing experience
- Certified Research Chef (CRC) or Certified Culinary Scientist (CCS)
- Current ServSafe Certification
Knowledge and Skills:
- Mastery of culinary skills
- Excellent Palate
- Social Media Savvy
- Proven ability to style food in photography and video
- Self-starter and the ability to anticipate the next steps
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Harris-Rigas at email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Section Manager/ Sr. Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting talent within the Food and Beverage Industry and proud to be part of CPS, Inc., which is on Forbes Top 20 Recruiting Firms list for 2017.
Being a manager and senior recruiter in the Food & Beverage group, our specialties include product development, quality, nutrition, regulatory, sensory, flavor development and application from entry level to executive.
I am part of a team of seven which provides more positions for candidates to consider and more candidates for client companies to consider. We pride ourselves in building long lasting relationships and assisting both candidates and client companies in achieving their goals.