New York, NY
This Buyer/Planner is responsible for procuring inventory (raw materials and finished goods) on a cost effective basis in a timely manner, as well as maintaining open communication and a professional relationship with suppliers and customers.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with suppliers, customers and co-workers.
- Enter, receive and expedite purchase orders.
- Maintain inventory levels.
- Research, source and present supplier options for new and existing products.
- determine opportunities for cost savings and ensure competitive pricing.
- Follow ISO guidelines and maintain.
- Negotiate and appropriately facilitate price changes.
- analyze ordering needs.
- Make recommendations for improvements and streamline opportunities.
- ensure all deadlines are met.
- Participate in supplier reviews and audits
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years in a manufacturing plant
- Experience generating reports
- Preferred experience with an ERP system (Syspro a plus)
- Proven ability to work on multiple tasks while driving results
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Local candidates only
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.