Category Manager, Direct Materials
Baltimore, MD US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
My client, a leading manufacturing company is seeking a Category Manager to manage the spend of Direct Materials. This position can be located in Baltimore or Houston with a preference of Baltimore (relocation package is offered for Baltimore, but not for Houston).
Category Manager, Direct Materials – Reporting to the Director of Strategic Sourcing, this position will be responsible for managing a $100M spend of specialty chemicals and packaging for multiple facilities in North America and Europe. This is a critical role for my client that will lead all strategic sourcing activities for the Direct Materials categories. Materials include: Sand, Soda Ash, Sodium Silicate, steel, fiber and plastic drums, multi-walled and specialty PP and PE packaging, pallets, liners, super sacks.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders and other departments in the company
- Lead supplier performance management. Participate in contract negotiations
- Analyze data to determine industry trends
- Participate in forecast planning and provide global market updates
- Develop and lead strategies for the assigned categories
- Manage risk and create value
- Execute procurement activities according to P2P policies
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Supply Chain Management are preferred
- 5+ years of experience working with in a strategic sourcing role
- Experience sourcing specialty chemicals for a manufacturing company
My client, an industry leader, is offering growth potential and a generous compensation package, including bonus and relocation (relocation assistance is for Baltimore only. My client will not offer a relocation package for Houston).
**This is NOT a remote position. This is a hybrid position – 3 days in office, 2 days work from home
Meet Your Recruiter
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.