Category Manager, Energy
Houston, TX US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
My client, a chemical manufacturing company is recruiting for a Category Manager to manage the spend of Energy. This position can be located in Houston or Baltimore.
Category Manager, Energy – Reporting to a Sr. Category Manager, this position will be responsible for managing a $150M spend of natural gases for multiple facilities in North America. This is a critical role for my client that will establish partnerships and position the energy landscape, as well as drive long and short term activities related to value improvement and risk mitigation. This position will work closely with Finance and the Energy Trading Manager.
- Responsible for gathering and using market intelligence to make short and long term decisions
- Understand energy consumption in both regulated and unregulated markets and use knowledge to make decisions
- Drive cost with emphasis on reliability and supplier risk
- Explore trends and leverage data in the energy space
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5+ years of experience working with energy – sales, trading, sourcing, etc.
- Experience trading or hedging energy
- Leadership experience
My client, an industry leader, is offering growth potential and a generous compensation package, including bonus and relocation.
**This is NOT a remote position. This is a hybrid position – 3 days in office, 2 days work from home.
Meet Your Recruiter
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.