Commercial Development Manager
Kansas City, MO | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
The primary function of the Commercial Development Manager will include all business development responsibilities for assigned food market vertical(s) and assigned territory(ies). This will include identification of new market and territory verticals, corporate account management, identification of appropriate channel partners, advising on new product development, identifying trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets, developing strategies and positions by analyzing new venture integration, assisting in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, working cross functionally to delegate tasks that achieve strategic goals and coordinating/developing internal processes to effectively serve those markets. The Commercial Development Manager represents the entire range of company products, while achieving assigned revenue and margin targets.
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer drivers and meet regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy
- Generate new leads, identify, and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals in line with strategies, and lead and facilitate pitch logistics
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate prices for proactive bids and proposals
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
- Manage proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation, and inputs from various sources
- Have an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
Channel & Market Growth:
- Research the market(s) and industry trends
- Research and recommend business opportunities and viable income streams
- Motivate team members to exceed expected goals
- Develop ways to improve the customer experience and build brand loyalty
- Develop growth strategies and plans
- Manage and retain relationships with existing clients
- Increase the current company client base
- Write business proposals
- Negotiate with stakeholders
- Identify and map business strengths and customer needs
- Build awareness of our products within appropriate regulatory and auditing bodies.
- Plan, present and exhibit at industry trade shows and conferences; set up meetings with key accounts, distributors, and key opinion leaders at events
- Contribute to company’s strategic goals and product development planning by gathering and communicating information about industry needs to the management team.
- Actively evaluate our product portfolio and collaborate with R&D/Regulatory to develop innovation pipeline for key market segments.
- Conduct market research on competitor’s performance/activity and pricing.
- Work with all Distributor Business Development and Corporate Account Teams to ensure that they are trained on our companies offerings, and that our products are a part of the new business bid process.
Corporate Account Management:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key national account personnel.
- Formulate, plan, and implement sales strategies to create demand, opportunities, maximize market penetration and accelerate sales growth development.
- Develop custom protocols/programs for our products, and actively manage trials and implementation.
- Actively work with corporate accounts to have our products written into corporate SSOP’s and RFP’s.
- Manage sales targets and generate sales plans to meet or exceed targets, and actively develop growth strategy for our key accounts.
Bachelor’s degree with minimum 7 years of experience, either working in, or servicing/supplying the food processing industry.
At least 5 years of sales or corporate account management experience
Highly preferred: experience selling food processing sanitation chemicals or antimicrobial products.
Must be able to travel =50% of the time to visit customers and work with distributors throughout the US and Internationally as assigned.
Must have the ability to work 3rd shift (nights) as needed
Holds valid US driver’s license in good standing with Department of Motor Vehicles in all States.
BS degree, prefer technical but open to a business degree, with experience managing corporate accounts- working with the higher levels of the organization across multiple sites and categories. Must have a sales background in some sort of food production-related products, strong preference for food safety products
Meet Your Recruiter
I specialize in placing people with backgrounds in Sales, Marketing, and Business Development with Industrial Chemical and Materials companies throughout the U.S. I place people in roles ranging from early career through VP and specialize in positions in Polymers, Coatings, Adhesives, Specialty Chemicals, Personal Care, Oilfield, Water Treatment, and Composites, to name a few. Our focus at CPS is very specific and our knowledge of the industry very deep from over forty years of working in our markets.