Commodity Manager - Packaging
$2B Global chemical manufacturer is looking for a Commodity Manager to add to their procurement team. This person will manage an annual spend of $60M in packaging including plastic containers, buckets, bags, corrugated and pallets. Company is looking for someone who is strategic and has experience working with global suppliers.
The company is offering a generous compensation package and great benefits
- Manage an annual spend of $60M in packaging for building materials company
- Bags, buckets, plastic containers, pallets, shrink wrap, and labels.
- Needs to have experience with large number of SKU’s. Prefer construction materials or CPG packaging experience.
- Strong negotiating skills- contracting
- Strategic- vendor selection/management/KPI, risk management, commodity market analysis (trends and forecasts)
- No direct reports but there are buyers at each plant that would be dotted line and 16 plants in the US.
I work with clients and candidates on a national basis- filling positions specific to Supply Chain and Procurement. Focus is on chemical, food, and industrial verticals; covering all of supply chain management, procurement, planning, logistics, and transportation. I work with all levels, from buyers/analysts to VP level.
My goal is to provide the best candidates to client companies, while maximizing those candidates' opportunity for career growth.