Atlanta, GA 30339 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
CPS Recruiting had partnered with a great client in Atlanta who is in search for a Controller.
The Controller manages all financial control and accounting activities of a plant including general and cost accounting. Responsible for adherence to financial policy and controls, improving internal business processes to support the company's production system model and will be a key staff member of the leadership team.
- Responsible for invoice approval & management vs purchase orders and budgets
- Ensure accurate and timely closing of month end financial statements along with all supporting documentation and explanations
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and inventory valuation, including Aging Report, unvouchered accounts payable
- Ensure regular review of product cost standards
- Safeguard company assets with solid internal controls and compliance to US GAAP and corporate policies
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Coordinate monthly forecast process for the plant, working with plant manager and plant team to understand financial results and projections
- Coordinate monthly reporting of plant capital spending
- Assist in understanding and reducing working capital
- Management of manufacturing variances (plant trials, production and labor)
- Team with operations management to identify profit improvement/cost reduction opportunities
- Supports Corporate finance team
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required – Accounting or Finance Major preferred
- 5-7 years’ Experience in similar role
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Experience utilizing financial (ERP) systems, with strong understanding of financial accounting fundamentals.
- Good process orientation and documentation knowledge.