Development Associate Chemist
Nashville, TN US
Large Coatings Manufacturer is opening new center of innovation and excellence.
The Product Development Associate is responsible for the formulation and overall maintenance, documentation, and proper handling and storage of laboratory chemicals, materials, and equipment. Additional responsibilities include adherence to safety, continuous training, documentation standards, and housekeeping of the Innovations Laboratory. Proper internal and external communications with customers and suppliers are expected.
- Maintain the lab according to safety and regulatory requirements by performing safety inspections and housekeeping tasks
- Maintain the inventory of supplies and raw materials for lab tests
- Perform safety inspection and housekeeping of laboratory
- Label chemicals
- Performs chemical analysis and physical property of samples from Production and work orders based onISO 17025 test procedures provided by lab
- Complete color matches, maintain formula and retain database
- Assist in development and modification of polyurethane coating formulations for Product Development
- Attend training and conferences to expand team knowledge and innovation capabilities of Product Development
- Assist in providing test data for lab training and presentation
- Compile and record laboratory test reports
- Handle communications with customers and fulfills customers’ requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry/Materials Science
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in industrial chemical laboratory
- Experience and expertise in formulation, sample testing and quality control which includes knowledge of elastomers, resin and isocyanate and related physical tests according to ASTM standards (Titration, gel time, Tensile Strength, Tabor abrasion, Adhesion…)
- 2+ years of experience in industrial chemical laboratory
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Self Starter who can implement routines and research test methods with minor supervision
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment and change direction quickly dependent on tasks
- Strong communication and team work skills
- Proven ability to take initiative
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Technical Recruiter
SPECIALTIES: All Industrial Research & Development Laboratory related positions including: Formulation Chemist; Synthetic Chemist; R & D Leadership; Analytical Chemistry; Technical Service; Regulatory; Project Mangers; Process Chemistry; Environmental and Health; Quality Positions; Material Scientist.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Specialty Chemicals, Building Materials, Polymers, Petrochemical, Agrochemical; Surface Cleaners; Ink; Surfactants; Resins.
The levels of candidates that I place include Chemists; Sr Chemists; Innovation; Directors; Quality Professionals; Technical Service Professionals; Production Supervisors; EHS Specialists; Scientist; Regulatory Professionals; and Laboratory Support Personnel.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their potential by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.