Director, Analytics (digital media agency)
San Francisco, CA
The Director of Analytics at this growing digital media agency will lead the Analytics team, currently formed of Specialists, Managers and Sr. Managers. This role will require a passion for marketing technology and a commitment to achieving the best possible campaign performance for agency clients. The ideal candidate will always look for ways to streamline and optimize workflow and have a constant curiosity for discovering new ad technology available. The Director of Analytics will deliver the best analysis of campaigns by consistently empowering and mentoring junior team members to deliver best-of-breed technology. Candidates must have previous experience with and complex knowledge of the ad tech cycle.
Oversee day-to-day execution of Analytics team
- Produce Digital Marketing reporting and insights across digital media channels (e.g., Paid Search, Paid Social, Programmatic, Video, etc), and marketing channels (e.g., email, websites, etc.).
- Oversee the delivery of client weekly, monthly, ad-hoc performance reports (e.g. digital media dashboards) via Datorama and other like technologies
- Stay close to workload and manage open headcounts, and identify bandwidth problems to help alleviate the workload
- Monthly 1:1 meetings with mid-management level as well as all 3 months, 6 months and annual reviews for the entire team, facilitate training for team members where desired and needed
- Approve and manage Work from Home, Vacation and OOO requests, organize quarterly team outings and other additional team events
- Manage budget for Analytics team
- Review reporting and help with Analysts observations and optimization input
- Stay informed about new ad tech and how this compares to current tech stack
- Define business logic to drive marketing campaign design, including complex experimental design with multiple test and control cells.
- Responsible for proper implementation and education of new ad tech
- Own relationship with ad tech used (adserver, dashboard, ad verification etc.)
- Approve monthly adserver invoices and work with AP to get them posted correctly
- Involved in Analytics as a Service workload estimate and pricing
Established in 1998, ad+one is comprised of hand-picked recruitment professionals with over 30+ years of combined recruiting experience serving the advertising and media agency industry nationwide. We pride ourselves on having access to hard-to-find talent and the hottest job opportunities in the industry. Our focus is on positions in Account Management/Client Services (digital/traditional) as well as Media (digital/traditional), Search Marketing (PPC/SEO), Programmatic, Paid and Earned Social Media and Big Data/Analytics.