Director of Human Resources
Chicago, IL 60606 | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Responsible for developing the talent acquisition strategy and hiring plan for the agency.
- Partner with hiring managers and leadership to develop and deliver pipelines to fill roles across the agency focusing on attracting the right talent that is aligned with our culture, and mission.
- Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices that help to recruit and retain best-in-class talent.
- Lead, support, and participate in organization initiatives focused on commitment to Diversity & Inclusion.
- Bring high-performing organizational approaches to elevate our talent management practices, facilitate the agency performance management process and coach managers on how to give effective feedback to employees.
- Consults with the leadership team and managers to anticipate needs and identify creative ways to improve the employee experience and engagement and address talent management issues related to growth and development.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive agency-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Demonstrates full comprehension of compliance with laws (including immigration) and can prepare documentation as needed
- Serves as the primary contact for employment law attorneys and relevant outside government offices.
- Directs the development and administration of human resources policies and procedures in accordance with federal, state and local laws (IL, NY, TN, TX).
- Responsible for ensuring a timely and accurate payroll processing semi-monthly.
- Responsible for all HRIS data integrity, reporting, and utilization of available features.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
- HR certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP)
- 8+ years of experience HR generalist experience
- Experience managing direct reports and leading teams
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels
- In-depth knowledge of labor and HR best practices
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases, ADP Workforce Now
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization of information
Meet Your Recruiter
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”