Director of Human Resources
Chicago, IL 60606 US
Director of Human Resources - Must have union experience
- Manage company internal and external recruiting efforts, establish effective recruiting resources, screening, and orientation programs.
- Oversee and periodically evaluate pre-employment protocols, such as physicals, drug screens, and skills testing, and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Manage third party recruitment agencies, for both plant and professional positions
- Investigate and respond to employee complaints, determine action to be taken, and bring to resolution
- Provide counsel to management and employees to resolve a variety of employee relations issues, including participation in union grievance process and discipline matters
- Maintain relations with the Union Business Agent, monitor Labor Relations meetings, ensure compliance with bargaining agreement, and participate in and lead collective bargaining negotiations
- Contract for outside consulting employee relations services as needed
- Progressive management experience in human resources.
- Proven success navigating complex employee issues and direct experience administering benefits.
- Union experience
- Payroll administration
- Succession planning and training programs for continued employee development