Director of People & Culture
Chicago, IL 60601
- Develop and administer HR programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the agency.
- Manage recruitment process to ensure effective acquisition of talent at all levels.
- Devise, implement and monitor employee satisfaction and morale boosting activities (i.e. employee recognition program, employee suggestions, employee focus groups, company sponsored events, volunteer activities, etc.).
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Be an active agent in fostering agency culture.
- Plan Administrator for all benefit programs.
- Work with agency’s insurance broker and CEO to consistently align with current market trends in regard to national benefit costs and offerings.
- Create and regularly update agency job descriptions.
- Develop and oversee the annual performance review process.
- Monitor employee career development and succession plans.
- Monitor and advise managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline process of the agency.
- Develop, implement, and update agency personnel policies for distribution via the Employee Handbook and/or other agency communication outlets.
- Maintain Human Resource Information System records (i.e. Workamajig, Paychex, etc.).
- Complete agency compliance reporting i.e. annual 401(k) census and non-discrimination testing report, DOL and U.S. Census Bureau reporting, etc.
- Manage HR, IT and office management budget and recommends HR operation financial strategies.
- Maintain personnel files and HR compliance documents.
- Manage all business insurance policies for agency including worker’s compensation, general liability, property insurance, multi-media liability, etc.
- Supervise the Office Manager and System Administrator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent field preferred.
- 5+years of progressive HR generalist work experience in an advertising agency or professional services organization required.
- Experience working in the Advertising or Marketing industry.
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”