Director of Purchasing
Sarasota, FL US
My client, a leading, global consumer products manufacturing company is seeking a Director of Purchasing for their Sarasota, FL facility.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Director of Purchasing will be responsible for leading the company's $75M raw materials procurement process including: sourcing, negotiating, contracts, purchasing, cost savings initiatives, freight, materials and inventory management and continuous improvement of the purchasing process, while managing a team of 6.
- Manage the strategy and sourcing of all purchases taking cost savings into consideration
- Manage supplier scorecards
- Lead the research, strategy and development of new products
- Work directly with international suppliers – vendor selection, contract negotiations, etc.
- Mentor and inspire team of 6
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA is preferred
- Experience in a senior level purchasing role with a manufacturing company
- Experience sourcing raw materials such as steel and other metals
- Proven management experience
My client is offering a generous compensation packaging including bonus and relocation assistance.
Meet Your Recruiter
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.