Director of Talent Management
Los Angeles, CA
Growing creative agency in Los Angeles is seeking a motivated Director of Talent Management to be part of the agency leadership team- reporting into the CEO. The ideal candidate will have a background in recruiting and HR to guide the agency through continued growth and evolution. This is a new position for the agency, so the desired candidate will have a “blank sheet” to establish themselves and make a mark! Agency or communication industry experience a plus.
Director of Talent Management
The Director of Talent Management will be responsible for the oversight of the agency’s talent managers/generalists. He/she will lead the team in identifying, designing and implementing best “people practices” across the agency, ensuring that we are providing an integrated approach to talent management and are considered to be a top agency to work for.
- Strategically partners with the business to ensure human resources practices and programs support the businesses goals and objectives.
- Identifies strategies, builds programs, and executes tactics that support employee on-boarding, development and retention.
- Identifies and analyzes trends within people practices that helps position HR as a proactive business partner with its clients.
- Acts as change agent to assist the business and employees through times of change.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to improve and align systems to better enhance the employee experience.
- Oversees team of generalists to deliver on agency talent objectives, providing leadership, mentorship and guidance to enhance their capabilities.
Functional Responsibilities of Talent Management Team
- The Talent Management team works with the other HR functions (Recruiting, Compensation/Rewards and Learning & Development) to build a holistic, engaging and positive employee experience.
- Works closely with department and finance to determine talent needs.
- Liaises with Recruiters to manage process.
- Manages departmental integration and initial goal setting.
- Conducts “early day check-ins” to ensure successful assimilation.
- Coordinates with department and recruiters to develop competencies.
- Guides managers through performance reviews, including training on process, developing effective reviews and goal setting.
- Leads annual talent review, working with business leaders on outlining succession plans, identifying high potentials/high performing talent and managing development plans.
- Participate in development and implementation of leadership development programs.
- Ongoing involvement in culture building/employee engagement initiatives.
- Facilitates mentor programs, as applicable.
- Works with department and finance to determine resource allocations.
- Encourages rotations as appropriate.
- Manages promotions.
- Counsels and supports department heads.
- Develops rapport with employees and assists them with employee relations issues; manages conflict resolution and coaching as required.
- Works with departments to facilitate ongoing employee development, including managing out when appropriate.
- Investigates and resolves employee grievances.
- Fields general employee queries.
- Manages and reports out on exits, identifying trends as appropriate.
Compensation & Rewards
- Leads semi-annual salary increase and incentive processes.
- Manages Leave of Absences for assigned population.
Learning & Development
- Facilitates needs assessment.
- Liaises on training efforts to ensure ongoing development.
- Encourages high participation levels.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Ensures that diversity efforts are forefront in agency life, helping to foster a diverse and respectful environment.
- Leads and/or participates in diversity initiatives.
- 7+ years of Human Resource experience.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
- Proven success in designing and delivering talent management programs.
- High degree of confidentiality, integrity and sound judgment.
- Natural problem solver.
- Able to influence positive outcomes and build highly effective relationships.
- Experience in professional services industry preferred.
- Comfortable with technology.
- SHRM certification a plus.