Distillations R&D Chemist
Pasadena, TX US
Distillations R&D Chemist
Do you have a MS degree in Organic Chemistry and 3 years of experience? Come and join this growing Specialty Chemical producer in an R&D role. The wide variety of projects will keep you engaged! Excellent comp and benefits!
Essential Functions / Key Accountabilities:
- Accurate analysis of feedstock samples, incl. GC, GCMS, FTIR, AA & Wet Chem
- Able to conduct risk reviews based on SDS’s, desired chemistry and safety info from the public domain
- Able to use / modify process simulation software to design reactions & distillation processes
- Setup of lab distillation columns or chemical reactors in configurations based on simulated process design
- Intensive cooperation and communication with the Supervisor in the unit start-up and operation phase
- Maintenance of product quality by intensive unit supervision and handling
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements
- Writes laboratory reports including all technical and analytical information
- Practice of good laboratory hygiene and housekeeping
- Follows safety rules
- Part of projects, collaboration with other business function team members
- The role could cover / rotate within all company sites in the local area
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on please contact Stephanie Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3+ years of lab experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Master’s in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with deep knowledge of organic chemistry
- Knowledge of distillation, thermodynamics, kinetics of chemical reactions
- Knowledge of batch and continuous hydrogenation reactions
- Able to select catalysts by performing tests
- Possess good manual skills to properly handle the necessary equipment
- Possess knowledge of routine chemical and general laboratory practices with a reasonable knowledge of gas chromatography
- Possess good writing skills in order to write and present laboratory results
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a highly productive and responsible way in order that lab test results are sufficient for a scale up procedure
- Possess good interpersonal skills concerning cooperation and communication with team members and customers
- Good project management skills
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr Market Recruiting Specialist
Senior Level Recruitment Professional with more than 19 years of experience in the recruitment and placement of Industrial Chemists and Scientists Nationwide from Entry level to Executive level. Resins, Adhesives, Coatings, Plastics, Lubricants, specialty chemicals, additives, inks, and more!!
I have been very successful bringing top valued talent to my clients, and providing expert level guidance to candidates in career searches.