The EHS Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining EH&S programs, in accordance with regulatory and Symrise Corporate requirements, to drive continuous improvement toward EHS excellence.
- Support the day-to-day management of EHS programs at the site (i.e., Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space Entry, Respiratory Protection, Incident Investigation, Contractor Safety, Personal Protective Equipment, etc.).
- Drive continuous improvement of the EHS program through spending time on the floor and developing strong relationships with employees at all levels.
- Provide oversight of the facility’s hazardous waste management program, including handling, storage, inspections, and shipping.
- Serve as liaison for external agency officials, community members, vendors and other contacts on EH&S matters that affect business interest.
- Coordinate and maintain environmental regulatory permits and programs including inspections and submittals for air, water & waste. Will also be responsible for tracking and reporting sustainability initiatives.
- Conduct EHS audits and assist with corrective measures to ensure compliance with federal, state, local and corporate requirements.
• B.S. degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental, Engineer, Chemistry
• 2-5 years chemical/industrial plant experience is ideal
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, follow through, and meet deadlines
• Excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft software is required
** Only applicants meeting these requirements will be contacted**
Assistant Technical Recruiter
I am a assistant technical recruiter, working with Bill Karalis, for the last 22 years. We recruit chemical engineers working nationwide. Since its inception in 1978, CPS (Chemical Personnel Search), Chemical Engineering division has become one of the leading recruiting firms in the country. We have successfully filled a wide array of positions in petrochemicals, specialty chemicals, bulk and commodity chemicals, foods, pharmaceuticals, consumer products, plastics, packaging, instrumentation, controls and process equipment. We have made placements at all levels from recent graduate to engineering management. Specific areas of expertise include: process, project, design, product & process development, pilot plant, tech service and applications, engineering, environmental, operations and process control & instrumentation.