Anaheim, CA US
Would you like to be part of a steadily growing company that brings culinary inspired sauces, dressings and sides to the food service industry? Stable company with good benefits and competitive salary for an Associate level product developer.
Food Technologist works under the direction of R&D Manager. Position is directly responsible for developing and modifying recipes, manufacturing processes, and technical documents of food products. Working with existing and newly discovered ingredients and technologies to develop new recipes and concepts and modify foods to create new products. Conduct tests to determine the physical or chemical properties of food or beverages to ensure compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations regarding color, texture, and nutrients.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Develop new and modify existing food products and production processes
- Research current consumer markets, ingredients, and technologies to develop new product concepts
- Supports R&D, sales, production, QA, and key customers with new product development and processing parameters
- Carrying out process support and development, new product development, and documentation of quality attributes
- Ability to create documentation to repeat processes, ensure safety and consistency as well as optimize products
- Liaising and cooperating with technical and commercial colleagues in procurement, sales, and technical services, marketing, and distribution
- Create new or optimize food products from bench top to commercialization
- Conduct shelf-life testing on optimized or new products
- Product matching, new product development, ingredient qualification, shelf-life stability and cost optimization
- Develop nutritional labelling, ingredient statements and regulatory documentation
- Develop specifications as well as providing customer technical support
- Provide technical support in the scale-up and successful execution of plant trials
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Rigas-Harris at email@example.com.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of Food Manufacturing, Product Development field, OR with a Bachelor’s; 12 plus months of experience in Food Manufacturing, Product Development
- Technical Aptitude-ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Ethical ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards
- Resource management (People & Equipment) – Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel
- Applied learning-ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience
- Accountable-ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Motivation-ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and or perform to the best of their ability
- Integrity-interpersonal skills
- Process and detail-oriented-ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Safety Awareness – ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- Active listening=ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others
- Responsible ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Organized – possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Knowledge of ERP, WM and inventory management software is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is needed
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and provide direction to accomplish tasks as necessary
- Strong understanding of GMP, Food Science, and Food Safety best practices
- Experience utilizing common kitchen equipment used for handling food for the research and development process
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Harris-Rigas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Your Recruiter
Section Manager/ Sr. Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting talent within the Food and Beverage Industry and proud to be part of CPS, Inc., which is on Forbes Top 20 Recruiting Firms list for 2017.
Being a manager and senior recruiter in the Food & Beverage group, our specialties include product development, quality, nutrition, regulatory, sensory, flavor development and application from entry level to executive.
I am part of a team of seven which provides more positions for candidates to consider and more candidates for client companies to consider. We pride ourselves in building long lasting relationships and assisting both candidates and client companies in achieving their goals.