A successful person in this role will learn company packaging coating properties, be familiar with running and interpreting data from analytical testing, become experienced with company pilot lab equipment and be able to construct plans for testing customer line conditions. Their Chemists will also manage multiple demands from the lab, technical sales representatives and customers while balancing multiple high priorities and being very flexible as priorities may change.
- Develop an understanding of the coatings formulations, performance characteristics, testing methodologies, and application conditions across all segments and us that understanding to identify and address the technical hurdles there in
- Build close working relationships with the development labs, technical sales service team, and production facilities as well as with customers. Provide support to technical sales representative in resolving technical application of coatings and troubleshooting customer complaints
- Provide summary reports on projects and problem-solving activities as needed including communications to both internal and external customers
- Understand manufacturing process and protocols. Work with raw material suppliers and have a good grasp on how raw material cost affects bottom line
- Support the modification / maintenance of existing product lines and new product development across all segments
- Participate in product robustness activities for current and new coating technologies to understand operating window and improve chance of launch success and sustain running at customer facilities
- Develop new test methods that will have an impact in acceleration of coating results
- Simulation of customer line conditions to increase the rate of products launch
- Drive innovation by implementing new ideas, screen new technologies and submit MOI’s that will convert into patent applications
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Devin Heffernan at 815.756.1221 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BS or MS in Chemistry or related
- 3+ years in industry formulating coatings – very open here, can be coil, general industrial, automotive, architectural, etc.
- Must be hands-on! While the group has technicians, this person will need to be hands-on at the bench
- Looking for someone that loves to learn new things, is open to new ideas, and wants to be challenged