HR Generalist - Manufacturing
Chicago, IL 60609
- To provide and manage a seamless HR service for all employees in the division
- To enable line managers to manage, motivate and develop their staff using tools and techniques underpinned by best practice HR, appropriately tailored to meet the needs of the local business needs, cultural and legal requirements
- To improve the overall effectiveness of the business and the HR function
- To act as counsel/advisor to supervisors, managers and senior leaders on people management issues, including strategic HR planning.
- Accountabilities with Key Outcomes Describe essential accountabilities the job performs and key outcomes.
- To develop and maintain support mechanisms to underpin existing and new HR initiatives (e.g. Performance Review, Annual Salary Review, Managerial Skills, Competency-based interviewing, etc) to assist managers make effective use of the talent in each area to the benefit of the business.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects both through own initiative and on request to ensure a continually developing and up to date HR function, making a strong contribution to improvements in effectiveness of the organization
- Provide advice and assistance to Company management on personnel policy interpretations
- Recommend the establishment and assist Company management in the effective application of accepted employee relations practices
- To manage and coordinate recruitment activity and processes, ensuring the best possible caliber of individuals join the organization to deliver future strategy and goals.
- To design, gain acceptance for and implement HR policies and procedures tailored to local employment environment and culture, whilst being underpinned by broadly consistent principles.
- Supervise the maintenance of personnel records
- Recommend the establishment and assist Company management in the effective application of accepted employee relations practices.
- Assist in the coordination of local events (company picnic, years of service, birthdays, etc.)
- Interview potential candidates for various open positions and to assist with the Onboarding process.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience - Essential
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources
- 1-3 years HR Generalist experience in a production or manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of employment legislation, HR practices and codes of practice.
- Sound understanding of business processes, strategy and development.
- Excellent communication, influencing, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Effective organization skills.
- Change agent.
- Self-motivated and resilient.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience -Desirable
- Knowledge of Chemicals
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with ADP
- Experience working in a union environment
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”