Human Resource Manager
Houston, TX 77001 US
Human Resource Manager
- Role sits on operations leadership team as a critical cross-functional participant and advisor.
- Manages local HR team
- Sponsors and helps to lead company culture and continuous improvement.
- Advises and guides management in the effective utilization of human resources for all salaried, office nonexempt and production employees.
- Maintains positive employee relations for all employees at two locations through effective development, interpretation and administration of company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for decision making with respect to terminations and performance counseling to assure consistent enforcement of policies and procedures as not to violate any state or federal law.
- Responsible for all staffing needs to include recruiting, hiring, and onboarding for temporary, salaried, and hourly positions.
- Owns the talent development strategy and provides guidance related to performance management.
- Responsible for the effective administration of compensation and benefits programs.
- Advises and guides management on utilizing the cultural beliefs to foster an engaging and inclusive work environment.
- Manages workers' compensation and non-work related disability programs that ensure quality care for employees through coordination with the medical community, while controlling costs.
- Maintains input of information into the Human Resources Information System to ensure it accurately reflects human resource and payroll information
- Accountable for developing the HR Generalists to ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, training, and retention programs while maintaining the plants affirmative action program and creating an engaging environment.
- Accountable for administering and overseeing company Safety and Security Programs to meet OSHA and corporate requirements, to assure safe and healthy working conditions, and reduce frequency of accidents.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent employee relations experience through front line supervision.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Human Resource Management or Generalist roles in a manufacturing/processing environment.
- A strong pattern of initiative, achievement, and leadership.
- Proven problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States.
- Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Bi-lingual skills: speak, read and write in English and Spanish.
- PHR or SPHR