Human Resources Business Partner
Des Moines, IA 50309
BASIC PURPOSE/SCOPE The Human Relations Manager is the Champion of People, Diversity and Inclusion for the Manufacturing operations supporting the Director of Sales and Sales team for Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota. The Human Resources Manager (must reside in Iowa) is responsible for the HR function providing best in class services that facilitate greater effectiveness throughout the DSDE sales organization. The successful candidate is preferred to have strong labor relations, proven and progressive generalist background; ability to drive HR strategies through the DSDE sales operations. Will need to be engaged in the business and be transparent. In addition, have the ability to influence leadership and ability to link business objectives back to organizational effectiveness. Ideal candidate will have a sense of urgency, be future thinking and possess strong communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Policy Management: Administer and interpret company Policies and CBA’s representing the organization (and/or assisting other HRBP’s) in personnel and employment law compliance related investigations, grievances, arbitrations and hearings.
• HR Operations: Manage the maintenance of HR files and I-9’s for compliance.
• Performance Management: Transparent partner by working with the people managers to determine appropriate course of action with regard to staffing, hiring, performance management, safety and /or attendance concerns. Partner as a coach with salaried leaders and participate in hourly meetings with supervisors and employees. Lead the process and communication for annual merit and performance reviews.
• HR/Organization Consulting: Including change management facilitation and organizational consulting with all levels of employees supporting our DSDE Transformation goals.
• Employee Programs: including administering the annual Benefits Open Enrollment Process; manage the Safety Perception survey process; actively drive safety, associate engagement and organizational health surveys; and answering and responding timely to associates HR inquires.
• Centralized Front Line recruiting: Partner with the COI on staffing. Support compliance management for the recruitment files (e.g., resumes, interview notes, and calibration and selection process).
• Centralized Salaried recruiting: Partner with the COE on staffing. Act as the field HR point of contact for the DSDE Sales operations to support the field recruiting for all salaried positions managed through the COE. Maintain, deliver and continuously improve an effective on-boarding program for new hires aligned with corporate and local requirements driving retention of top talent.
• Talent Management: Drive the process for the DSDE sales function in regards to associate profiles, goal setting, development plans, monthly reviews, midyear reviews, annual goal evaluation and succession planning.
• Associate Learning & Development: Conduct new employee orientation sessions and other HR related training programs such as GB Leader, D&I, Leadership Transformation, Labor and Respect in the Workplace.
• Standard Leader Work: Execute by supporting DSDE transformation as well as other cross functional transformation.
• Associate Relations: Development and implementation of (and/or assisting other HRBP’s) effective positive associate relations programs. Associate local owned events, planning and administration of Rewards & Recognition.
• Data Analytics: Using the tools, create reports to drive effectiveness in the business. Identify key trends and the ability to recommend improvements to leadership team around headcount, staffing, turnover and exit interview data.
• Organizational structures: Maintain current job descriptions as positions evolve with leadership regarding transformational development organizational needs.
• Assist and support all HR activities/duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree in HR or related field required. Master’s degree in HR or related field a plus.
• 5+ years progressive human resource experience supporting a sales organization, with cross functional experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance and Distribution teams.
• Labor Relations experience required, DDI certification a plus, Ability to facilitate training within customer group.
• Demonstrate the ability to be coachable and trainable for cross-training/development within the HR function in preparation for future progression. Developing direct reports
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications required.
• Experience with online talent systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong prioritization skills.
• Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, and be able to act as a decision maker.
• Bilingual a plus.
• Ability to travel up to 50% in the geography
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”