Human Resources Business Partner
Saint Helens, OR 97051
- Supports initiatives and ensures participation from all areas of responsibility
- Responsible for working with the site leadership teams to plan and implement workforce solutions to ensure long-term business continuity and success
- Develop effective working relationships while influencing and challenging the site management teams on their personal style and the development and delivery of their people plans in support of business and HR strategies.
- Works with the Talent Acquisition Team as well as plant management with internal and external recruitment efforts, including requisition approvals, internal postings, external recruiting, interviewing and selection of employees.
- Implement Affirmative Action program to ensure fair and equal employment opportunities for all candidates.
- Oversees the administration of all company compensation and benefits programs including local pay practices to ensure compliance and equity within the organization as well as conduct wage surveys of the local labor market to determine competitive wage information and formulate recommendations to senior management.
- Leads site Management in understanding Employee and Labor Relations issues.
- Spends time at an assigned location to establish and maintain rapport with employees and provide support to local management.
- Serves as adviser and mentor to management and employees for inquiries relating to company policies, procedures, and programs as well as the appropriate resolution of issues.
- Investigates grievances and other employment-related issues.
- Recommends to managers and supervisors the appropriate actions, including proposed employment terminations, as appropriate, to support resolution of the issues.
- Leads the development of employees through the effective use and promotion of the MHP (Managing Human Performance) process for goal setting, providing feedback, developing employees and assessing job performance.
- Provides coaching and training to employees and management for selection and promotion processes, terminations, employee relations, employment law, performance management, and other regulatory required programs, as determined.
- Administers company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook as well as local practices (includes collective bargaining agreements, if appropriate) – recommends changes, additions and deletions as may be appropriate.
- Provides direction and guidance to ensure the appropriate and effective use of the HRIS System including oversight of data in SAP, time entry and payroll process, as well as talent management and development processes
- Accountable for consulting internal resources and making decisions regarding various HR areas of business such as policy and procedure changes, staffing and hiring decisions, employee relations decisions, etc.
- Bachelor degree in HR
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Experience in Labor Relations
- Federal, State and Local requirements concerning the area of Human Resources.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to Communicate effectively in a Matrix environment
- Ability to effectively to conduct training around leadership principles
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Experience in the development and execution of systems or processes such as performance management, workforce planning, succession planning, talent development, and employee self-service
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and team player
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”