Human Resources Manager
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
- Provides support and direction to line managers regarding people issues, including developing, interpreting and applying policies and procedures in a shared services environment. A key responsibility is working in concert with the Director of People Operations regarding employee relations situations, updates and developments and making recommendations regarding issue resolution. Encourages communication and recognition initiatives.
- Plays key role in the administration of the salaried, hourly, and apprentice performance review and compensation processes, working with team members. Seeks to enhance merit-based pay for performance / accountability approaches.
- Performs professional-level research and analysis, utilizing relevant sources and presenting in an appropriate format, including in depth spreadsheet applications
- Develops thorough familiarity with the HRIS system, developing reports and assuring proper data collection and interface with payroll function. Utilizing technology and improving our processes is critical.
- Strategic staffing, including sourcing, recruiting, screening, and interviewing job applicants to fill entry level, skilled operations, technical and professional job openings, with a view to building the organization for the future and enhancing the quality of hire. Includes using appropriate selection tools. Also involves the administration of College Intern program and hiring of new graduates.
- Supports and leads initiatives and projects related to Safety Team, including accident reporting and investigation, assuring compliance to OSHA regulations, and overseeing proactive injury management and modified work process.
- Administers Workers Compensation process, including filing accident reports, communication with providers, and ongoing case management.
- Works with the People Operations team to administer various plans. Includes leave management with FMLA, ADA, and other considerations. Involves frequent interface with Holden Corporate staff and providers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or equivalent, preferably in Business, with 6-10 years HR experience, Masters degree is a plus.
- Manufacturing background strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational, writing and computer skills.
- Technical HR knowledge, including employment law.
- Maturity, judgment, confidentiality, integrity, leadership, flexibility.
- Strong work ethic and professional, positive, supportive demeanor.
- Travel 10-15%.
Meet Your Recruiter
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”