Instrument & Controls Engineer
This position is responsible for managing and maintaining the site instrumentation, electrical and DCS programs for a chemical plant which will be converting old instrumentation (Foxboro, Honeywell and Rosemont) into Siemens DCS.
- Will be actively involved in research of current or new technology to improve reliability and increase production efficiency
- Maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation.
- Serve as a resource to ensure that related equipment meets all local and company standards and specifications.
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis teams.
- Provide technical support to the Instrumentation and Electrical personnel of the Maintenance Department and expertise to the project engineering group.
- Provide product support, manufacturing support and failure analysis
- Recommend and implement improvements for equipment in the production process
- Recommend appropriate materials and equipment to design, budget and implement assigned projects
- Develop and implement maintenance methods
- Assist technical support teams in testing new applications and problem solving
- Review equipment inspections
- Perform standard engineering assignments and handle special projects as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in preferably in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, Instrumentation Automation or Controls Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in a chemical manufacturing plant or related industry.
- 3+ years of experience in instrumentation, electrical and DCS applications preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic project management skills
- Knowledge and good understanding of Process Safety Management
- Computer skills including AutoCAD, SAP and Maximo is a plus.
- ASME and ANSI codes and regulations.
Similar roles with different employers in other locations - Kansas, Louisiana and Michigan.