Baton Rouge, LA 70810
Diagnose and design instrumentation to support Operations and Maintenance for projects, testing, repairs or turnarounds.
- Prepare control loop narratives and logic drawings and narratives, technical specifications and scope descriptions. Develop installation guidelines to integrate instrumentation systems or equipment with existing systems.
- Perform primary and end element sizing, thermowell design analysis, and ensure installed equipment complies with the facility’s electrical area classification requirements.
- Assist with multi-discipline alarm management efforts, including alarm rationalization, prioritization, development of site based alarm schemes, and design/modification of alarm systems.
- Ensure designs meet plant specifications, standards, requirements and design codes. Ensures designs are technically correct, and implementation is performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
Manage Instrument and Electrical Documentation, P&IDs in a timely fashion
- Support staff in identifying needed E&I infrastructure improvements to facilitate Capital Projects and Special Projects
- Ensure third party engineering contractors E&I work is compliant with code, will function correctly and reliably, is properly documented, and meets CF internal expectations.
- Maintain open and ongoing communication with supervision and Project Engineering on status and progress of work on assigned projects.
- Maintain / Develop technical expertise in related areas (e.g. process instrumentation, analyzers, control systems, safety instrumented systems, etc.).
- Execute work with contract in-house design team, develop their capabilities, and provide feedback to supervision on design team performance.
Support Evironmental, Health and Safety by participating in HAZOP and LOPA studies, participating in the design and implementation of Safety Instrumented Systems as needed.
Will integrate top safety standards into designs and promote and emphasize safety policies and expectations with contractors.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 3+ years of experience preferred in a control system engineering, instrumentation engineering, or electrical engineering role in the petrochemical/chemical industry.
- Experience creating detailed E&I drawings in AutoCAD.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with personnel of all backgrounds.