Internal Audit Supervisor
- Proactively plans, leads and participates in audits and special projects globally.
- Defines the specific objectives, theory and scope of audit work to be performed, including risk analysis and audit programming.
- Carries out assigned Sarbanes Oxley related activities such as scoping analysis, planning and management testing.
- Ensures timely and effective accomplishment of administrative tasks related to planning and performing audits.
- Assists in the coordination of work performed with the independent public accountants.
- Interviews individuals and surveys activities in audit areas assigned.
- Ensures audit approach and work program addresses the highest risk areas given the time available.
- Analyzes processes and data and assesses level of compliance with applicable procedures, adequacy of controls, efficiency and effectiveness of operations and accuracy of reported information.
- Drafts, reviews and discusses audit findings with Internal Audit management and the management of the audited unit (and higher level management, as appropriate) on a timely basis.
- Reviews and ensures the timely completion all staff audit work performed.
- Completes work papers appropriate to the type of assignment.
- Responsible for compiling draft audit reports in the field for management review prior to audit closing meetings.
- Assists management with the development of department planning and scheduling.
- Involvement with special projects such as investigations, acquisitions, and other value-added process improvement activities.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of the International Standards for the Professional
Practice of Internal Auditing and the Institute of Internal Auditors Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Professional certifications CPA preferred, but CFA or CIA would be considered
- 5+ years’ experience, with at least 3 years in big 4 public accounting preferred; strong regional firms also considered
- Project management experience: demonstrated ability to lead teams and deliver results
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act section 404 and compliance management experience
- Proficient in Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Generally accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with developing, testing, and documenting internal controls in a SOX framework, analyzing processes (accounting and operations), identifying deficiencies and implementing process improvements.
- Willingness to progress career outside of audit and potentially relocate – opportunities dependent on performance.