Linux/Network Systems Engineer
Chicago, IL 60701
Are you a Linux/Network Systems Engineer that would like to work with a senior engineer where you will be working on the technical design, planning, and implementation of our Systems, Hardware, and Operating System strategy? If so, let's talk. We are looking for a mid-level engineer who will have the overall responsibility in the design and implementation of our systems - along with a senior mentor. We look for self-starters and people who are motivated provide technical solutions to business problems.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- You will be mainly working in a Linux and (very little Windows); directing migration to new OS standards, maintaining images and OS patches
- Work with the team in establishing strategies and methods for the installs and management of host operating systems
- Evaluating new hardware and software technologies; talking to hardware vendors, stay informed and up-to-date on next generation trading hardware, and making recommendations on new hardware platforms and other network technologies
- Developing new applications and scripts to automate and improve operational reliability and efficiency
- Maintenance, administration and capacity planning of data storage solutions
- Maintaining the monitoring and alerting systems
Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years' experience in Linux System Engineering/Administration
- 1+ years' of experience with network related technologies (Cisco)
- Scripting and source control: we would like to see Python and Git
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communicator able to speak with multiple business units
- A desire to apply your talents within the financial sector
In 2004, shortly after graduating from NIU's College of Business, my recruiting career at CPS, Inc. started. During this time, I have been able to learn from some of the best recruiters within the industry and continually look to improve myself in order to better serve both the candidates and client companies I represent.
I partner with several of the leading tech firms in Chicago and across the country in helping them secure hard to find technologists. These companies are in a variety of industries: Financial/Trading, E-Commerce, Data Analytic, Ad-tech, Education Tech, SaaS, Hedge Funds, and more.
The positions I work include: Software Engineers (C++, Java, C#, Python, Ruby, etc.), Network/Systems Engineers, DevOps, DBA's, Data Scientists, and more.
I grew up in the west suburbs of Chicago just blocks from the famed Brookfield Zoo. I enjoy spending time with my wife and our three children and try to keep up with all of their activities. I try to remain as active as possible and enjoy all things "sports". You can find me at Soldier Field for most Bears games and will never say no to a good chicken wing.