The Woodlands, TX US
Industry Demand Database
- Track market sizes for select SMUs using extensive market research.
- Collaborate in an on-going manner with the sales and marketing teams and other relevant stakeholders across the company and serve as the subject-matter expert for the views on forecasted demand in the Americas region.
- Comprehend the statistical correlations between industry drivers and polyurethane demand for each major polyurethane application.
- Use appropriate data sources including management input, industry reports, marketing reports, and/or primary analysis to build and continually manage the industry demand database.
- Create high quality quantitative market reports analyzing the status and outlook for Huntsman in the polyurethanes industry.
- Analyze trends related to production of key polyurethane raw materials.
- Work with a global analyst team to coordinate viewpoints and align data and forecasts.
- Issue a quarterly analysis and report for the Americas.
- Conduct assessments of new market areas as directed by Strategic Marketing manager to identify profitable growth opportunities.
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and select markets and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and/or presentations.
Innovation Portfolio Management
- Work with the Strategic Marketing Team and the Innovation and Technology Team to identify the strategic growth areas and track the implementation of projects in line with the division strategy.
Digitalization of Key Market Leading Indicators
- Lead the digitalization of key market indicators for the automotive and construction market segments.
- The digital dashboards should be easily accessible and manipulatable.
Modeling Capability and machine learning
- Bring abilities around modeling and machine learning to enhance our abilities to forecast and understand market trends in the industry.
- This position requires a BS degree in a technical field or Marketing and 3 – 5 years of relevant marketing analysis experience
- The successful candidate will possess an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and preferably will have experience with databases, pivot tables, modeling and machine learning.
- Experience with market analysis within the polyurethanes industry is desirable, but not essential
- Demonstrated track record with search engines, web analytics, and business research tools
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Project management from inception to delivery; ability to respond effectively to aggressive timelines
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
- This position requires the candidate to be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Under guidance from the Strategic Marketing Manager, the candidate is expected to develop a logical and defendable approach toward mining required data for the specific project objectives
- The candidate must be willing and able to network with internal and external experts to obtain all required information
- The candidate must be able to identify confidential information and handle all communications accordingly.
- As a standard method of working, the candidate must exhibit excellent attention to detail with logical record keeping practices with large amounts of data. Consistent application of analytics and sound logic in problem solving is required.
- The candidate will have responsibility for maintaining all databases in a confidential and logical manner
Meet Your Recruiter
Section Manager, Chemical Sales and Marketing Recruitment
I specialize in placing people with backgrounds in Sales, Marketing, and Business Development with Industrial Chemical and Materials companies throughout the U.S. I place people in roles ranging from early career through VP and specialize in positions in Polymers, Coatings, Adhesives, Specialty Chemicals, Personal Care, Oilfield, Water Treatment, and Composites, to name a few. Our focus at CPS is very specific and our knowledge of the industry very deep from over forty years of working in our markets.