Engineering Professional, are you ready to take your career to another level with an organization that will have your interest in mind first? Since 1976, CPS has matched top talent in multiple fields of engineering with progressive companies in all industries. Whether you are fresh out of school or an experienced professional with decades of experience, CPS can help you find the right fit for your next career move. For over 40 years CPS has been working with the employers nationwide, from family owned businesses to Fortune 500 corporations, to help them meet their engineering needs.
Here at CPS, Inc., we only work with our clients to directly place quality talent for permanent and full-time positions. Our experienced recruiters spend time getting to know you, what type of work and company culture you like, and what your career goals are moving forward. We use our experience and knowledge of our client companies to find the right match for you. If you are looking to build your career, ready to take on new challenges, and gain the experiences you have always wanted, we want to work with you!
Materials/Corrosion Engineer-SME Job Summary
An excellent opportunity for a Materials/Corrosion Engineer-SME has become available in the Saginaw, MI area. Our client is a leading chemical manufacturer with global locations. Our client offers great benefits and relocation.
As the Materials/Corrosion Engineer-Subject Matter Expert, you will be responsible for:
- Defining In-Plant Inspection and Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) Technologies for the division
- Track and report progress on key NDE improvement initiatives
- Complete the assessment of site NDE capabilities to develop and implement gap closure plans
- Ensuring Most Effective Technology (MET) is up-to-date for inspections and NDE
- Acting as a consultant for sites on performing inspections and the appropriate NDE
- Assists in Mechanical Integrity Steering teams and ensures compliance with regulations
We are looking for a Materials/Corrosion Engineer-SME with experience working in a manufacturing or heavy industry environment.
Specific requirements for the Materials/Corrosion Engineer-SME include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Materials or Metalurgical Engineering
- At least 8 years of experience in In-Plant Inspections, NDE
- NDT Level III certification per ASNT or ISO-9712 in MT, PT, RT and UT, or willing to acquire these certs is required
- Proven understanding of API Inspection Codes 510, 570 and 653.
- Training experience is preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills