PSA/Hot Melt Adhesives Chemist
Mount Holly, NC
PSA/Hot Melt Adhesives Chemist
Development of Hot Melt PSA’s and technical support for production of: Adhesive tapes; Self-adhesive labels – permanent or peelable; Self-adhesive closures; Insulation materials; Security bag sealing; Self-adhesive films for graphic arts panels; Pest control systems; Drypeel labels
- Administer all technical work in an efficient and timely manner which includes running trials and preparing test data and reports for customers – drive a sense of urgency.
- Ensure that the proper products are recommended for customer applications through working with sales team
- When product development formulation is needed, ensure that all efforts are conducted properly and that there is effective communication with the UK technical team. Provide proper data to support recommendations
- Ensure that Quality Assurance activities drive a process that is under control. Improve QA activities.
- Participate and drive continuous improvement activities
- Assist in resolution of all customer complaints with a sense of urgency
- Assist operations with scale up of new products.
- Assist operations with problem resolution
- Work to approve all necessary raw materials with satisfactory data to support recommendations
- Attend trade organizations, trade shows, and other meetings as necessary
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Steve Sapita at 815.756.1221 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BS degree (Will consider non-degreed if they have direct PSA experience)
- 1+ year of direct Hot Melt/PSA experience
- Reformulation of Hot Melts based on customer trials a plus
- Will look at a PSA QA/QC technician from a tape manufacturer if they want to become a formulations chemist
- Travel will be 20-25% with some international
- Strong communication skills internally and externally
- Someone that can remain focused in a multi-tasked fast paced environment
- Ability to interface with many cultures and multi-national customers
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion to grow a business
- Customer centric individual
- Someone that promotes a positive work environment
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Steve Sapita at 815.756.1222 / email@example.com.
SPECIALTIES: All Industrial Research & Development Laboratory related positions including: Formulation Chemist; Synthetic Chemist; R & D Leadership; Analytical Chemistry; Technical Service; Regulatory; Project Mangers; Process Chemistry; Environmental and Health; Quality Positions; Material Scientist.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Specialty Chemicals, Building Materials, Polymers, Petrochemical, Agrochemical; Surface Cleaners; Ink; Surfactants; Resins.
The levels of candidates that I place include Chemists; Sr Chemists; Innovation; Directors; Quality Professionals; Technical Service Professionals; Production Supervisors; EHS Specialists; Scientist; Regulatory Professionals; and Laboratory Support Personnel.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their potential by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.