Plant HR Manager (Bilingual Spanish)
Chicago, IL 60639 US
- Providing strong leaderships and business partnership with plant leadership to continue the transformational journey/turnaround.
- Facilitating fair resolutions to employee relation issues through insuring proper investigation coupled with a broad understanding of expectation setting and accountability.
- Strong floor presence
- Developing, recommending and coordinating policies and programs related to Human Resources.
- Talent management develop and execute plans to attract, retain, and develop talent within the plant.
- Training to front line managers, employee engagement, and other front-line leadership skills.
- Employee Relations: Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive work environment and promote a sense of fairness and consistency. Offers guidance and assistance to plant personnel in dealing with day-to-day employee relations' issues. Provides accurate and consistent policy interpretation and administration.
- Recruiting: Recruits for all exempt, non-exempt and hourly positions in the facility. This includes meeting with hiring supervisors and managers to develop a recruiting strategy, utilization of appropriate recruiting sources, interviewing, reference checks and scheduling pre-employment drug screens and physicals. Build a pipeline of candidates for future openings and develop long term staffing strategy to build for future.
- Legal Issues: Acts as company liaison in dealing with federal agencies such as EEOC and OSHA. Coordinates presentation of Company's position to these agencies with assistance of Corporate Human Resources and legal counsel.
- Policy Administration: Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures. Prepares and maintains employee handbook of policies and procedures.
- Benefit Administration: Manages benefit administration for salaried and hourly benefit plant working with Corporate HR to ensure timely resolution of benefit issues. Offers guidance to facility employees as needed.
- Government Reporting and Record Keeping: Constructs and maintains the Affirmative Action program. Completes the EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations. Establishes and maintains company records and reports and conduct audits when required.
- Compensation: Manages wage administration and annual review process.
- New Hire Orientation: Develops and manages new hire orientation process.
- Organization Development: Manages performance management process and developmental needs of staff. Develops, conducts and/or coordinates training programs, which address these developmental needs.
- Employee Activities: Organizes and coordinates company events such as recognition programs/parties and special occasions by planning, placing orders and ensuring everything is in place to make a successful event.
- Continuous improvement: Focus on improving processes and automate wherever possible. Streamline policies and rule to enable automation. Key architect for some form of HRIS.
- Supervising: Directly supervises employee in the Human Resources Department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems and compliance with organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Shall cover for the Plant Manager in their absence.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Human Resources Management. Masters preferred.
- 7 to 10 years generalist Human Resources experience
- Transformational leader to help drive culture change.
- Experience in strategic and tactical work and be willing to spend time out on the plant floor.
- Current proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing, databases (Excel, Outlook, Word). Access would be a plus.
- SPHR, SHRM-SCP or PHR, SHRM-CP preferred.
- Interpersonal Skills Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Teamwork Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Oral Communication/Influencing/Motivating Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Managing People Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff.
- Leadership Exhibits confidence in self and others; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others.
- Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Written Communication Writes clearly and informatively; Ability to read and interpret written information.
Meet Your Recruiter
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”