Plant HR Manager
Oak Brook, IL 60523
- Implements and manages on-going policies, programs, and procedures to foster understanding of and improvement in management, supervisory or employee relations.
- Manages situations involving policy or contract interpretation. Leads and mentors others to ensure consistent application of all such rules and policies. Develops and implements innovative solutions to personnel and/or labor relations issues affecting the plant to mitigate any legal or compliance-related risks. Maintains a positive labor/employee relations environment at the plant by counseling managers and employees on human resource policies and rules, identifying and resolving problems or recommending courses of action.
- Counsels managers and/or supervisors concerning human resource policies and procedures; reviews and resolves issues.
- Supervises Human Resource staff directly or through supervisors; plans, assigns and reviews assignments; counsels staff; evaluates job performance and approves or recommends actions.
- Ensures administrative, management and hourly production employee retention at the facility is maintained at an acceptable level. Uses knowledge, experience, and continuous interpretation of facility dynamics to help understand and determine the training and educational needs of the hourly employees and administrative, management employees.
- Manages all new employee recruitment, orientation, and training, either through primary function or through performance of subordinates.
- Manages the development and ongoing execution of the location's Affirmation Action plan to achieve AAP goals during entire employment process for all employees at the facility (recruitment, promotions, transition processes)
- Performs analysis and prepares statistical reports, narrative reports and communications for use in formulating goals and objectives.
- Manages employee benefit enrollments, questions, or inquiries.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years’ experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience managing others
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customer or employees of organization.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong reasoning and math skills.
- Must be able to travel 5-10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of HR experience in a Manufacturing environment. (Pharmaceutical, Food, Beverage, Consumer Packaged Goods industry is a plus.).
- Strategic and tactical.
- Detailed oriented, and have strong analytical, quantitative and PC software skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Union experience preferred
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”