We are looking for a Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. Plant has 450 employees. First 2 shifts are production, 3rd shift is sanitation. Making sure the right people are in the right positions. Scheduling runs, holding back runs, employee performance and attendance. The Plant Manager will oversee the daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. You will develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity. They will promote and require GMP’s, strong communication between the managers, supervisors and the employees. Communication is key in this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
- Influence and learn from employees
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Damon Wickmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proven work experience as a plant manager preferably in the meat and/or rib industry
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- BS degree in Business Management or related field
- Great communicator, and likes to lead and work in a family style, team environment
- Likes to be an ambassador/advocate of the company and represent to co-workers with pride you lead the plant
- Enthusiasm to drive results in the company and leading by example
- Desire to continue growth in plant management expertise, and open to developing new methods and change agents for continuous improvement
- Collaborative mindset, understands the industry and wants to drive results related to business objectives
- Strong organizational skills, self-starter who is detail-oriented, creative with problem-solving abilities
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuing a high standard of quality
- Self-starter who is extremely result and detail-oriented, creative problem-solving abilities
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Damon Wickmann at email@example.com
I have always been an advocate of life and career strategy management.
I am also a 'Foodie' at heart and love recruiting for food and beverage companies.
My background in education has provided me tools to support my passion for helping talented people with career advancement.
I have transitioned from college advising to career recruiting where I combine that with my other passion - Food!
I recruit excellent people for the food industry and the science behind what we eat and drink. This includes research and development in the lab through commercialization and the quality people behind the scenes that make it all happen. I look forward to speaking with you soon.