Toledo, OH 43612
The Plant Manager role has direct responsibility for the total safety, operation, performance, and profitability of the Toledo OH production facility. Position is accountable and responsible for ensuring a safe operations environment while delivering the lowest manufacturing cost possible, meeting product specification with the lowest possible product variability, and producing products on time to meet customer expectations. Will be responsible for establishing budgets and goals for the business and for managing performance against them.
- Display all the characteristics of the company Leadership Model; communicate and expect the same from all peers, employees and contractors.
- Ensure that the operation and associated project work occurs in compliance with all company policies and procedures including HSE and regulatory requirements and plant meets all Federal, State, Local environmental requirements.
- Create a team environment conducive to innovation. Integrate the innovative thinking of direct reports, peers, project team members into decisions which benefit project outcomes, while building the capabilities of team members.
- Achieve project or defined sub-set of departmental objectives within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters
- Produce products at the lowest possible cost through the continuous optimization of rate, waste and energy consumption, while minimizing labor density
- Communicate/explain context/rationale for team goals/deliverables to direct reports in ways which enable team members to fully engage their talent and business acumen
- Develop annual departmental plans and ensures that expense and capital budgets are aligned with functional and Business objectives. Communicate broader plans and objectives to team members.
- Provide full cycle performance management support for direct reports. This includes setting objectives, coaching and monitoring work in progress, coaching for career direction and skill development, providing formal feedback and recognition, communicating overall departmental and function strategic direction and progress against plans.
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Science degree
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing environment with at least 3 or more years of experience in a supervisory/leadership role
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of environmental safety and health policies, procedures, guidelines, and regulations including PSM (Process Safety Management)
- Strong financial and analytical skills; must be able to develop and implement a strategy to maximize productivity and profitability
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Effective leadership, interpersonal skills, performance management, and people development skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team environment through all levels of the organization
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing knowledge and experience would be a big plus