Our client, a Food manufacturing company, is seeking a Procurement Manager to oversee the spend of food ingredients such as proteins, dairy, grains, produce. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of purchasing experience and 3+ years of food production experience. Any experience with hedging and risk management are a plus. My client is offering a generous compensation package and growth in a very stable environment.
- Develop and manage food products and category management strategies
- Maintain and grow the supplier base, both existing and potential.
- Maintain and evaluate supplier performance based on response, timeliness, consistency of quality, accuracy, and service.
- Serve as liaison support between the supply base and the Distributors.
- Work closely with R&D on the development of new products and packaging materials.
- Travel as needed is required approximately 15 – 20%.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 + years prior purchasing experience, including 3+ years in food production.
- Knowledge of product specification processes, purchasing best practices, product development and/or operational experience; and will have worked cross-functionally in an organization.
- Demonstrated exposure to food quality and food safety management systems (SQF, BRC, etc.)ISM certification (CPSM or C.P.M.) highly desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft GP (or other comparable ERP systems), product specifications database setup and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a similar path.
- Experienced and skilled at negotiations
$95k + bonus + relo assistance
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.