Spartanburg, SC 29306
Reporting to the NA Director with one direct report, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for a $50M spend of chemicals such as polymers and monomers. The ideal candidate will have a BA/BS, preferred in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry; 5+ years of experience sourcing chemicals; proven experience negotiating contracts and building relationships with vendors; understanding of market analysis and trends.
- Develop and document strategic procurement strategies.
- Negotiate all aspects of supply contracts to drive value.
- Coordinate and assist in the development of monthly and annual price forecasts.
- Makes sound decisions utilizing data analytics for optimization and efficiency.
- Work with cross functional teams to determine needs and discuss/relay price fluctuations of raw materials.
- Become an expert of the market dynamics of assigned raw materials.
- Strong relationship building both internal and external.
- Travel 25%
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Management experience
- Knowledge of current technologies related to market analysis, supply chain optimization, and procurement.
- Strongly Preferred: Procurement experience in a manufacturing environment
***Due to the high volume of applicants, only those meeting the requirements will be contacted***
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.