The Product Manager (PM) is responsible for defining the Product Plan(s) and managing the portfolio of products that are required by the Market and Market Segment Plans (includes quality, regulatory, and supply chain cost activities). Aligned with the market and segment plans, the Product Manager is also responsible for driving variable margin growth through pricing and product mix optimization, maximizing asset profitability and contributing to modified operating cash flow through working capital improvements (days of inventory and days of sales outstanding).The Product Manager is a key member of the cross functional Segment Team and will help orchestrate the building of offer elements and will monitor performance and adjust accordingly based on analytics, customer-centric recommendations, and product/asset expertise.
• Develops the Product Plan(s) aligned to support the Market and Market Segment Plans.
• Manages the product portfolio as assigned, both strategic and operational oversight; including: MGPP, product lifecycle, formula rationalization, and product obsolescence
• Orchestrates offer execution including: pricing and contract execution (e.g., setting of price within bands, price protections, competitive price analyses, terms and conditions, etc). As required, leads development on new offer elements.
• Develops and maintains asset strategy, long term supply demand outlook and manages asset allocation to deliver business results.
• Champion/support continuous improvement and capital projects needed to increase capacity, increase yields, improve variable and fixed costs and/or otherwise improve the capability and profitability of our assets.
• Drives efforts to increase customer loyalty by assuring product quality, regulatory, service and customer specification requirements
• Oversees the development and maintenance of the fact base for assigned products - including competitive intelligence
• Ensures plans are executed in alignment with market, segment and product plans
• Leads / coaches a team of direct reports (e.g, Pricing Managers and /or Analysts) and/or cross-functional team Enabling
Must be willing to move to Southern VA or Northern TN.
• Bachelor’s Degree in technical or marketing discipline required
•MBA degree with an emphasis in marketing is preferred
• 6-10 years prior experience in sales, technical service, marketing, product management, or supply chain
Rotated through at least 1 of the following (at EMN or a prior company)
• Pricing Manager
• Commercial Leadership Development Program (MBA and 5 years prior work experience required)
• Segment Market Manager
Meet Your Recruiter
I specialize in placing people with backgrounds in Sales, Marketing, and Business Development with Industrial Chemical and Materials companies throughout the U.S. I place people in roles ranging from early career through VP and specialize in positions in Polymers, Coatings, Adhesives, Specialty Chemicals, Personal Care, Oilfield, Water Treatment, and Composites, to name a few. Our focus at CPS is very specific and our knowledge of the industry very deep from over forty years of working in our markets.