Production Manager - (Food Manufacturing)
Schaumburg, IL US
We are looking to add a seasoned Production Manager for a global food company that’s focused on exotic tastes in several categories including, protein, sauces and meal kits for retail and restaurants. We need a strong leader of people to ensure standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performances are maintained and that cost-effective technology and design is used to maximize production. What can they do for you? Offer longevity with a tenured team, and solid benefits and compensation package. If interested in this role apply and/or reach out directly to Marry Harris email@example.com
Directs and coordinates overall operations for the food production facility, ensuring objectives are achieved at the lowest cost consistent with high quality and safety requirements; Facilitates maximization of organizational and capital resources to achieve customer satisfaction, productivity, schedule adherence and economic goals; Insures effective team development and develops culture of respect throughout the operation; Directs functions of and delegates authority to key managers and supervisors in production, quality and safety, maintenance and related operations.
Directs, coordinates and facilitates daily activities of direct reports to ensure achievement of production goals and customer expectations in a safe, timely, cost-efficient manner.
Ensures standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology and design is used to maximize production.
Assists in development of plant/department budget, monitors plant spending and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Remains apprised of and keeps management informed of cost and labor overrun, makes recommendations and implements solutions to related issues.
Works closely with plant functional managers to develop and maintain positive employee relations environment. Advises appropriate members of management team regarding labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training and the like. Ensures direct reports are adhering to company policy and procedures and administering practices in a fair and equitable manner.
Works with Human Resources to hire, train, develop, motivate and appraise staff effectively, taking corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy and practice.
Evaluates functional activities to verify they are performed at the appropriate levels of the organization and that resources are in place to build capability where potential skill gaps have been identified.
Serves as leader/key member of plant leadership team in developing plant’s strategic direction, establishing priorities and allocating resources; communicates with Corporate Management routinely regarding such.
Assists in development of short and long-term goals; works with sales and business development staff to meet established growth initiatives through effective planning.
Assures compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
Maintains a high level of safety awareness; champion behavior-based safety and leadership skills at all level of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience in food manufacturing environment.
- At least 5 years’ demonstrated department management experience (coaching, people leadership); experience in food manufacturing required.
- Knowledgeable in applicable regulatory compliance (OSHA, USDA, etc.)
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Strong leadership skills; demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Solid ability to build relationships cross functionally. Ability to use influential leadership across functions to get things done.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; ability to successfully interact with diverse personalities at all levels in a multi-cultural, team-oriented environment
- Solid organizational, analytical, problem solving and follow up skills
- Ability to develop and communicate clear instructions, procedures and processes.
- Ability to manage up and down the organization properly and effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Solid mathematical skills; basic financial and statistical skills and understanding
Meet Your Recruiter
Section Manager/ Sr. Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting talent within the Food and Beverage Industry and proud to be part of CPS, Inc., which is on Forbes Top 20 Recruiting Firms list for 2017.
Being a manager and senior recruiter in the Food & Beverage group, our specialties include product development, quality, nutrition, regulatory, sensory, flavor development and application from entry level to executive.
I am part of a team of seven which provides more positions for candidates to consider and more candidates for client companies to consider. We pride ourselves in building long lasting relationships and assisting both candidates and client companies in achieving their goals.