The Production Planner will be reporting to the Plant Manager and working with sales, forecasting, marketing and manufacturing to transform sales plans into production plans by examining inventory, current sales, sales plans and production capabilities. The Production Planner will have relevant experience in the chemical manufacturing industry, a Bachelor’s degree and will be an expert in Excel. This is a standalone role, with room for creativity!
My client is offering a generous compensation package ($65-75k + bonus) with a full relocation package.
- Provides direction to customer service
- Plans, prepares, manages, and communicates both short-term and longer-term production plans
- Supports both Make-to-Stock and Make-to-Order business processes.
- Leads the monthly Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings.
- Analyze, build and maintain inventory parameters and safety stock levels in the planning systems to ensure optimal inventory plans are developed.
- Ability to manage complex processes and drive efficiency improvements
- SAP knowledge
- Ability to interpret and adjust to situation that involves conflicting goals
- Knowledge of all aspects of demand planning, supply planning, production planning, production scheduling, forecasting, inventory management, MRP concepts and control.
- Exceptional analytical skills and tool experience (Excel, Pivot Tables, Access, etc.).
- Understand inventory strategy, product supply, deployment and production planning
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- APICS certification and JDE knowledge is a plus
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.