Production Shift Supervisor
Marinette, WI 54303
The Production Shift Supervisor will supervise production activities on a daily basis to ensure safe and efficient operations and produce quality products that meet or exceed customer needs.
Activities include scheduling of work, monitoring equipment, problem solving, and maintenance of a safe work environment.
The Production Shift Supervisor is also responsible for coordination of any emergency response activities in the plant and for any off-shift maintenance work including overseeing outside contractors working in the area.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering degree required
- 1-2 years of experience in plant or production environment preferred
- Strong technically, including some knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry
- 1 year or more of experience in the direct supervision/leadership of plant personnel would be ideal
- Working knowledge of production tracking and reporting processes and protocols
- Self-driven/motivated to seek out and take on responsibility with little supervision
- Strong communication skills; able to lead groups of 20-30 ppl; effective writing and presentation skills
- Can track and trend progress and set measurable goals
- Capable of complying with and demonstrating high levels of safety compliance
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business/finance
Assistant Technical Recruiter
I am a assistant technical recruiter, working with Bill Karalis, for the last 22 years. We recruit chemical engineers working nationwide. Since its inception in 1978, CPS (Chemical Personnel Search), Chemical Engineering division has become one of the leading recruiting firms in the country. We have successfully filled a wide array of positions in petrochemicals, specialty chemicals, bulk and commodity chemicals, foods, pharmaceuticals, consumer products, plastics, packaging, instrumentation, controls and process equipment. We have made placements at all levels from recent graduate to engineering management. Specific areas of expertise include: process, project, design, product & process development, pilot plant, tech service and applications, engineering, environmental, operations and process control & instrumentation.