DeKalb, IL US
My client, a private, family owned manufacturing company in DeKalb,IL is recruiting for a Purchasing Manager to join their team.
Purchasing Manager – In this role, this position will lead the purchasing team including – managing Buyers and Analysts, buying raw materials (steel and aluminum, components), vendor relationships, pricing and working closely with engineering and sales.
- Mentor and lead a team of 3
- Manage vendor relationships
- Purchase $20M of steel, aluminum, components and other raw materials.
- Lead sourcing strategies and planning
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 5+ years in a buying role with a manufacturing company
- Experience sourcing raw materials such as metals
- Ability to read blue prints
- Ability to wear many hats
My client is offering a generous compensation package including bonus.
Meet Your Recruiter
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.