Global leader in the manufacturing of ingredients for the food and beverage industry is looking for a Purchasing Manager to add to their team. This position manages an annual spend of $60M in food ingredients, food chemicals, and flavors. Candidates should have experience buying ingredients both domestically and from other global regions.
- Examine, select, order, and purchase at the most favorable price merchandise consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors.
- Negotiate prices, discount terms and transportation arrangements for merchandise.
- Interview and work closely with vendors to obtain and develop desired products.
- Authorize payment of invoices or return of merchandise.
- Analyze and monitor sales records, trends and economic conditions.
- Drive optimization using a right Supplier, right specification, and right quantity approach.
- Quick grasp of production systems and manufacturing integration that will provide optimal integrated solutions.
- Isolation and diagnosis of material related problems, including root cause analysis.
- Manage importing logistics for international sourcing.
- Understand and track raw material commodity costs associated with ingredients.
MUST: Experience in the food industry sourcing ingredients.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing or related discipline preferred
- 5+ years ingredient and packaging procurement experience in the food industry
- Excellent analytical skills and advanced MS Excel
- Previous management experience
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems required
- Understanding of printing processes and artwork or lab testing methods for ingredients.
- Compliance with AIB, BRC, federal, state, and local regulations.
I work with clients and candidates on a national basis- filling positions specific to Supply Chain and Procurement. Focus is on chemical, food, and industrial verticals; covering all of supply chain management, procurement, planning, logistics, and transportation. I work with all levels, from buyers/analysts to VP level.
My goal is to provide the best candidates to client companies, while maximizing those candidates' opportunity for career growth.