Python Software Engineer (Backend)
Chicago, IL 60606 US
In this role you can expect to:
- Create the highest quality software solutions that are utilized by several internal business units
- Collaborating with various teams to design data driven solutions
- Become an expert on how we utilize your applications to make the best financial decisions for the firm
- Work alongside some of the brightest minds within the financial sector
Ideally you will meet the following requirements
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of Python
- You may also have experience with Java, Scala, Go
- 2+ years of public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Your work should include systems built around large amounts of data (banking, trading, e-commerce, etc).
- Solid understanding of SQL and database structures
Meet Your Recruiter
In 2004, shortly after graduating from NIU's College of Business, my recruiting career at CPS, Inc. started. During this time, I have been able to learn from some of the best recruiters within the industry and continually look to improve myself in order to better serve both the candidates and client companies I represent.
I partner with several of the leading tech firms in Chicago and across the country in helping them secure hard to find technologists. These companies are in a variety of industries: Financial/Trading, E-Commerce, Data Analytic, Ad-tech, Education Tech, SaaS, Hedge Funds, and more.
The positions I work include: Software Engineers (C++, Java, C#, Python, Ruby, etc.), Network/Systems Engineers, DevOps, DBA's, Data Scientists, and more.
I grew up in the west suburbs of Chicago just blocks from the famed Brookfield Zoo. I enjoy spending time with my wife and our three children and try to keep up with all of their activities. I try to remain as active as possible and enjoy all things "sports". You can find me at Soldier Field for most Bears games and will never say no to a good chicken wing.