Quality Assurance Customer Specialist
Quality Assurance Customer Specialist
This position reports directly to the Sr. Manager Food Safety and Quality Assurance and works closely with leadership representatives for Customer Service, Operations, Distribution and Agricultural Supply. This individual support customer quality programs, strategies, communications and expectations for top customers and all private label products. The position supports all written and verbal communications on quality on top customers, ranging from the management of on-site visits, customer tours and audits as well as written communications on projects. This individual will need to work across multiple functions (internal and external) to ensure successful execution of customer-specific quality performance criteria (customer scorecard that reflects order management, item launches, promotions, etc.).
- Authors, aligns and manages quality assurance programs to support (all private-label and branded) customer expectations and compliance requirements for products, ranging from compliance documentations, certificates of analysis, customer questionnaires, customer portals, product specifications, quality control plans, transportation, storage, consumer and customer complaints or rejections.
- Engages with the customer to facilitate joint alignment to compliance requirements, quality performance, food safety needs
- Aligns with Customer Service and Sales to resolve supply chain related challenges that negatively impact service, such quality rejections, production errors or unsaleable, and other efficiency program initiatives while also working proactively to define and meet value-added customer requirements
- Supports Quality and Food Safety interactions with the retailer and/or private label customer, including visit to retailers to discuss company QFS programs, management of field and plant visits and coordination of written communication regarding quality initiatives
- Acts as quality assurance contact for customer and consumer inquiries on company products, process capabilities, and regulatory requirements
- Develops, assembles and verifies salad and commodity customer-receiving specifications and quality control plans
- Serves as quality liaison for consumer and customer complaints, including close out letter based on complaint investigation results
- Follows up with the multiple functions to ensure customer and consumer complaints root cause investigations are completed. This position will also ensure corrective and preventative actions are identified and implemented
- Participates in customer audits and lead the required action teams
**If you’d like to hear more about t his opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Tamra Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, advanced degree preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in agriculture supply, quality assurance, quality programs or other applicable area
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of food safety, quality and associated regulations
- Understanding and demonstrated competencies and capabilities in quality and food safety programs and their analyses
- Solid verbal communication skills, including experience one or more of the following persuasive communication, public speaking, training and teaching
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including ability to proactively identify areas of opportunity
- Strong project management skills and cross-functional effectiveness
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Financial acumen of P&L management
- Ability to communicate effectively, make recommendations and lead change, including, but not limited to, designing and delivering presentations to various levels of management internally and at the customer
- Ability to work, lead and collaborate in a team environment
- Skilled in change and relationship management (Internal and External)
- Ability prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of leading best practices in quality assurance, food safety and process control practices
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred
- Managerial experience preferred
- BRC or GFSI experience preferred
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Tamra Sanders at email@example.com.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter/Food and Beverage
Specialties: All Food and Beverage Industries positions including: Product Development, Research, Sensory, Nutrition, Culinary, Flavorist, Applications, Analytical, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Technical Service, Ingredients, and B2B Ingredient Sales.
Experience: I have 10+ years of experience in recruiting and the last 5 years in Food and Beverage. I partner with small and big Food and Beverage companies (CPG and Ingredient) throughout the US helping them secure GREAT employees.